Halloween

This is my favorite-est holiday of the year but other distractions have kept me from throwing myself into the celebration in my usual manner.

This morning, I finally hauled out the three boxes of seasonal decorations and accouterments. I put out two ceramic jack-o-lanterns and the lighted witch, whom I surrounded with small black cat and pumpkin candles. I strew the red leaf lights along the cat yard and plugged in the foam jack-o-lantern on the porch. I hung the black-cat-in-pumpkin-patch banner on the door.

I am doing this just for my own pleasure--we haven't had a trick-or-treater come by since the eighties...

Typically, I could not find the lovely cats-and-pumpkins T-shirt I vow to wear each year. I recall finding it last winter and putting it safely away for this year. If things are true to form, I will stumble across it sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas and put it once again "safely away" until next year, when the process will be repeated.

Popular Posts