All Souls' Day

Another misty morning.

I came home from work last night and finished setting out the Halloween decorations--mostly just lighting candles and setting up the witch figurine and a couple of candlelabras. I lighted some scented candles and packed the woodstove for the night--it was so warm outside that it wasn't really needed but I was mindful of how thin Newt has grown and I wanted her to be warm enough.

I had left a bowl of candy on the porch in case anyone came by while I was at work, but as usual, no one came trick-or-treating to our house. We are just too far from town. So I am left with a couple bags of minature candy bars which will undoubtedly get eaten between Denny and I although neither of us needs the calories or carbs.

I woke early, feeling rested--unusual for me.

Popular Posts