And Back Into Autumn...

40 degrees
No snow on the ground

So, two days of rain and we are back into the waning days of autumn. Bare, dead grass and soggy ground.

I took advantage of the break in the weather to put another half-bale of hay in the cat run and run an electric cord out to the Christmas trees, just to test and see how many lights still work. I plugged it in briefly after dark and it looked encouraging--lots of lights. I'll do a more detailed check later but at least I know that the basic connections are intact.

Johnny keeps doing better. He is eating a bit now and usually not in his bed during the day. We bring him upstairs so he can sit with us in the mornings and evenings--it's sort of nice to re-connect with him now, at the end of his life. He doesn't want to stand still for the fluids, so I haven't been able to give him much--but we brought one of the fountains in from the shop for him and he is drinking more on his own.

Dare I hope he hangs in for a couple more months?

Comments

Popular Posts