Small Miracles

4 inches of snow on the ground

Went to Soldotna today for another doctor's visit for Denny. Stopped by GF's house before heading back to Homer, where I met his new cats and checked up on Panda. She is a magnificent creature--years removed from the feisty little kitten I found that dark October morning nine years ago. What a string of circumstances led our paths to cross: had I not been working that morning, had she not cried, had I not heard and recognized her cry... Later that morning, a blizzard hit. Denny had to come into town to pick up me (and the rescued kitten) at work. By that point, tummy full and safe at last, she was nestled under my coat and slept the whole way home. Seeing her now, I mumble a prayer of gratitude to whatever destiny caused our meeting.

Such small things can change our lives. Driving in to work the other morning, I thought about RG and how much I had loved him, and yet what a different path my life would have taken if he had returned my feelings. One thing I know--there is a house full of abandoned and unwanted cats that live happily now because of that long ago heart break. I am more than content with the way my life has turned out.

Comments

Popular Posts