Today in history (from Wikipedia):

1938 - The radio drama The War of the Worlds frightened many listeners in the United States into believing that an actual Martian invasion was in progress.


It was overcast and 38 degrees this morning. Even though we are back to Standard Time, it was dark for an hour after I got to work.

Just how I want to spend my birthday--getting up at four-thirty in the morning and going to work. Oh well--one more year is our mantra now.

I had a couple calls from Denny--once early at work to wish me a happy birthday, and another when I got home. I had felt like taking a nap as soon as I hit the door. Something about the warmth of the car as I drive up Baycrest Hill always saps my energy. But my sense of duty kept me up long enough to start doing some of my "cat chores" and then Denny called and we talked for twenty minutes or so. Two more days until he is home. After I got off the phone, I completed medicating the cats and loaded the wood stove and by then I was awake enough to go ahead and clean the cat boxes before going upstairs to chill out for the rest of the evening watching television.

Comments

Popular Posts