In Anchorage



If you have business at the Alaska Regional Hospital, it is best to arrive early.

Mom's surgery was scheduled for about 7:30 am. I wandered across town about eight and looked through three parking lots for a space. I ended up parking at the far end of the third lot and hiked about a mile to the hospital.

I was able to cut through the medical complex, so at least I was out of the drizzle for most of the walk. My path took me right by the waiting area where I spotted Dad sitting.

Mom came through the surgery fine and we were able to visit with her shortly after noon. She was still groggy but was smiling beautifully--guess she was as relieved to have that behind her as we were.

(I took this photo from the closest parking lot. There wasn't much of a view of the hospital from the lot I parked in...)

Comments

Popular Posts