A Quiet Month

Violas by the kitchen

High cirrus clouds this morning but the breeze was warm and we got a good amount of sunlight during the day. It feels like summer is coming.

I have been off work since early in the month. I thought I would have plenty of time to blog and catch up, transfer old entries from my original blog to this one, and make new entries from notes I took over the past few years.

Instead, the sudden demands of quickening Spring, coupled with the mental lethargy of relaxing toward retirement, have left my on-line activities bereft. I have puttered around the house and greenhouse, tending flowers and helping Denny prepare for and plant potatoes. I have re-played some of my old games to the old choke points. I have cleaned rugs and sorted photos and tended our cats.

In the meantime, Spring has come and nearly gone...

Alders

The air is full of bird song. I forget--during the winter--how many birds come to live in our neighborhood during the warmer months. The swallows are busy with their nest boxes, the golden-crowned sparrows are scratching amongst last year's leaves like tiny chickens.


*~*~*~*~*~*

It's been a week since we let Bunny go.

We miss her presence in a dozen small ways each day. She was so much the center-of-the-bed cat, except when she would share the pillows with Punkin. We had ham for dinner last night and remembered how much Bunny loved ham.

And we loved her. I am sad she is gone but I know we did the best for her and shortened her suffering. I can't stand to think of Bunny suffering--she had had to live with so much pain in the course of her life. She deserved a peaceful ending.

Comments

Shelby said…
I've had a quiet month too.. blog wise I guess. I always enjoy checking here tho for Alaska scenes and writings. Take care.
I understand....
It's been two years since I let Holly go to The Bridge. My heart still aches for her, but I know I did what was needed.
Sending many ((Hugs)) to you and Denny and scritches to all the kids.

Popular Posts