Why Cats Hate Glass



Now that we are in deep winter, the birds have begun to respond to our offerings of bird seed and fat. The chickadees and nuthatches are with us fairly constantly but in no big numbers. The winter songbird influx this year was led by the juncos and an occasional pair of pine grosbeaks. Over the past few days, the pine siskins (aka "the little stripey finches") have arrived, a couple dozen more--it seems--every day.



Our cats are--of course--seasoned bird-watchers and are glad for the break in winter's monotony.

Comments

Karen Travels said…
Love your pictures - especially the glass bottle collections. I have always loved a good collection of glass bottles.

I have come to realize that I was effected with the SAD late December and early January - I didn't realize what a funk I was in until I came out of it. Days with temps in the negative 20s all day did not help, but did put things in perspective!! Bring on April!!

Popular Posts