Volcano View

I had to run into town this evening and as I crested the rise just before our road, I got a clear view of Redoubt Volcano. The juxtaposition of our rustic highway and modest civilzation to the wild, primal energy of the volcano made me glad I am living where such a spectacle can be seen.



I was inspired to drive on for a few minutes until I could fins an unobstructed view of the landscape. Although it doesn't look like it, we are separated from the mountain by a good expanse of Cook Inlet and roughly a hundred miles. So we can enjoy the sight from relative safety.

Comments

MmeBenaut said…
That's quite amazing Laura. The landscape, mostly the trees (and the volcano of course) is so different. Our gum trees have such wild looking limbs and branches. The firs by comparison look so regimented. It is beautiful though.

Popular Posts