Yesterday in Alaska

Yesterday was a glorious summer day, so I kept my camera close at hand.

The flowers on the deck are a constant pleasure. I planted mixed seeds so I wasn't sure what I was going to get. I love the old-fashioned look of my flower pots. They look like a celebration...



I don't know whether it is the fine weather we've had this summer or the volcanic dust that fell this spring, but the fireweed have grown spectacularly this year. I have never seen them so tall.



These "weeds" can challenge the beauty of the cultivated blooms...

We needed to run an errand out to the Russian Old Believers' Village near Anchor Point. From the crest of the North Fork Road, lower Cook Inlet lay spread out beneath us. Mount Iliamna is the snow-capped peak on the far side of the Inlet.



The village is a bit of the Old World nestled in Alaskan wilderness...



The peaks on the far side of Kachemak Bay peek over the hills as we head home.



The deck is an inviting place to take one's ease on a pleasant summer day.

Comments

MmeBenaut said…
Lovely photos Laura and your deck does indeed look very inviting. The Fireweed is beautiful.

Popular Posts