The 21st Century Life...



I love the 21st century.

I enjoy watching the unfolding of our time. Even though times are tough now, I have faith in the cyclic nature of history and in Generations. I know the time we pass through now is the same resonation that caused the Great Depression and whatever economic disaster befell the 1850s.

It's all a spiral dance.

I have to remind myself of how old I am.

Many of my friends were born in a post-rock, post-Reagan world. They see something different when they look back on history.

I can remember how it felt to hear "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" for the very first time.

I remember when political assassination was a horror.

I remember when the people on television reading the news were actual journalists who could not only pronounce all the words in the piece but understand them.

Now television news is a joke, an entertainment. But the interwebs pulse with news and rumor and speculation and everyone who is anyone has their ear to that beating heart that ties us all together.

The 21st century looks to be an interesting place.

I'm glad to be along for part of the ride.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree they are not journalists they are moving heads! it is sad I listen to them and wonder do they hear themselves talking so fast, in a way that it doesn't make sense.
Wish you a nice day

Popular Posts