Inevitability







I will live in the desert and dream of rain...

In the smoky dawn,
In the glowing twilight,
I will live in the land of fire,
And sing of water.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today it suddenly became clear to us.

We were driving toward Anchorage and the jet that would take us south and we realized that we needed to move to Arizona.  

My parents don't need us right now, but they are just propping each other up .  If one of them fails, they will both go down.  They will be entering their nineties this winter and each day is not a given.  Soon they will need someone closer at hand.

It is better to jump than to be pushed.  If we make a planned move, we avoid the panic and confusion that come with haste.  We control the flow of events.  

Of course, the decision was the easier part.  Now we have to make it so.

This was the day I accepted the inevitable and turned my face toward the sun.

Comments

Popular Posts