USPS Strikes Again






Every single parcel that I had marked "Fragile" had broken items in it.  Everything was packed in shredded paper.  The only way the damage could have occurred is if the packages had been dropped numerous times.  Nothing in the packages not marked "Fragile" had any damage.  Makes me think the Post Office looks upon "Fragile" as a challenge, not a caution.

And the system for making a damage claim is impossible.  Do I have a receipt for the pewter goblet we received as a wedding gift over thirty years ago?  Can I find a comparable statue to my broken-legged Bast?  Or replace the oriental vase I bought twenty years ago through a catalogue long defunct?  There was just no way to prove the worth of the damage so it is my loss.

I guess on the positive side, all our parcels arrived--none were lost in the mail--so I should be grateful for that.

Comments

Popular Posts