Lightweight

20 degrees
16 inches of snow on the ground

I have managed to get through both Thanksgiving and Christmas without gaining any weight--so I am pretty pleased. I also ate what I wanted over the holidays--but except for candies, it was all stuff that is on the diet anyway.

I know this diet doesn't work for everyone but it has worked for me. My blood work came back very good to excellent, so I must be doing something right.

There is less of me to love these days....

Pumpkin Cheesecake
from The Harbor Girls' Cookbook

12 oz (1 1/2 pkg) cream cheese, at room temperaure
2 eggs
1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar or Splenda
1 can (or 1/2 large can) pumpkin
Your favorite pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, cloves,nutmeg and ginger)
I like a spicy pie so use about 1 to 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger and nutmeg, and 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground cloves)

Mix in the order given, pour into a graham-cracker pie crust, and bake at 350 for about fifty minutes, until the center is set. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.

I made this recipe up out of several different ones. I love pumpkin pie and cheesecake, so finding a way to combine the two was fun. I have made this recipe twice with excellent results. Aside from the graham-cracker crust, this is a solid Adkins-diet recipe, and I felt the crust adds enough to the ease of the recipe (rather than making a walnut or pecan crust) to justify the few extra carbs.

Comments

Popular Posts