6 inches of snow on the ground, 1 inch new
28 degrees

Only two weeks until Christmas and I am struggling to get into the holiday mood.

Part of the problem is that one is expected to get into the holiday spirit almost immediately following Halloween. Me, I usually don't get into the mood until Christmas Eve. But I like to celebrate the season well into the new year, whilst it seems my neighbors are packing away the festoons and lights on December 26th.

So I am out of sync with the world--what's new about that?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No "Criminal Intent" again this weekend. Given Channel 2's propensity for dropping off the air every time it snows, it's probably a good thing or else I would be frantic about missing my D'Onofrio fix.

I sort of dread CI's return, though. I know there is a certain type of fan who will be scrutinizing Vincent's every nuance in the weeks to come, trying to see signs of stress/fatigue/whatever. And I know how much he detests the type of scrutiny that takes the viewers' eyes off his character and focuses it on him. He never got into the business to be a celebrity but to be an actor. Yet some of his "fans" have to dig, dig, dig into his private side, driven by the most destructive type of love, I guess.

I hope his vacation will give him some peace and restoration.

Comments

Popular Posts