Hanging On to the Season

Once the season comes and the spirit grabs me, I can't get enough of Christmas. I don't undertand why, after weeks or even months of hype and preparations, people are so eager to be done with the holiday season (which to me is a season, not just a day.) Winter can be long and cold and frequently cheerless, especially at these latitudes. January and February stretch out toward a distant spring--why not embrace the lights and feasting for more than just a day or two?

I need to drop Vincent a note. That's the on thing on my "To-Do" list I didn't get to before the holidays. So it will be more of a New Year's greeting rather than holiday wishes. He's probably not checking his email much anyway while he's on break. He's had such a crummy year, it's hard to know what to say, except that I wish him all the best in the coming year.

But he knows that...

Comments

Popular Posts