Wordless Summer

Yes, I realize that A Quiet Life has been too quiet these past few months.

I fill my blogs with photos and captions because words fail me this summer.

I realized about a month or so ago that this must be what depression feels like. I mean, I am normally--even in the worst of circumstances--able to find some kernel of joy deep inside but lately there is just sadness.

I don't like feeling like this. I hope being aware of what is going on will help me deal with it and get back to my even keel.

Oh, and I am not going to fill my blogs with blatherings about how down I feel and how crappy my life is because that just isn't me. And because no matter how sad and stressed I feel, I know that my life is not crappy. I know I am blessed.

It will just take me a while to re-cultivate that feeling at my core.

And in the meantime--there are pictures...

Comments

I understand.
I think of you often.
(((Hugs)))
Amy said…
Laura,

I saw your blog mentioned on another blogger's site.
I have this fantasy of relocating to Alaska once my nest is empty.

I can completely relate to this posting. I've been there.

I will continue to check out your blog. It's really nice!

Amy

Popular Posts