I'm Back...

Ouch.

You ever notice how everything is connected to your abdomen? Makes it *really* hard to move around in bed--or even roll over.

Thank you all for thinking of me.

I am finally getting back on-line. Surgery went very well--I walked out of the hospital less than 24 hours after surgery. I kind of amazed myself with that one. My doctor was able to do everything laproscopically so I don't have a large abdominal incision. That makes it a lot easier and will probably cut my recovery time in half. Of course, it is still major surgery and I have to take it easy for a few weeks.

I have to say that every woman I have talked to who has had a hysterestomy (and there are a *lot* of them) is glad that she did it. Of course, to consider having major organs removed, you have to be in a lot of pain, but still--I was surprised. And I have to say, although I am very tender and having swelling and post-op pain, the cramping pain I was having along my left side from adhesions is gone and it feels good.

Denny is doing fantastic with taking care of the cats--and me. The day he brought me home from the Hospital, he also changed out our malfunctioning water heater. He has been keeping Frieda going pretty well, too. I really didn't think she was going to live out last week but she seems to be holding her own right now.

I go in next week to see my doctor but expect to be off work for a month or more. I took my bandages off yesterday and there is really nothing but three small incisions (and an interesting shave job--my doctor was ready to go in through the abdomen if necessary.)

Anyway--I'm subdued but I am back and feeling better every day.

Comments

Frank said…
Glad to have you back and that everything went well.
So good to read the surgery went well and you are on the road to healing!

Glad Frieda is holding her own, too.

Good thoughts and prayers to you both.
Shelby said…
I had one a couple years ago... one of the best things I ever did.

Take care :)

Popular Posts