Surgery

I am going to be off-line for a little while. I go in tomorrow for a hysterectomy and my doctor warned me that it will probably have to be abdominal (vs. laproscopic.) Which means that I will be laid up for a spell.

Denny came home last night and will be on leave from work to be taking care of me (and the many fine cats.) He has been very supportive and will undoubtedly be nagging me constantly to take things easy and rest.

I'll check back in when I get the chance but it may be a week or so. Major surgery is scary but I know I will be feeling so much better once I get past this. February is a good month to lay around and recover.

Frankly, I have been so rushed and stressed-out this past week trying to get prepared to be down for weeks that I am looking forward to surrendering all responsibility and letting others do for me.

On top of the anticipation of surgery, I have been wavering over whether Frieda is going to last until I get home from the hospital or if I should let her go now and spare Denny that task on top of all the other burdens I am placing on him. He says she looks like she is holding her own right now and he says he can handle taking care of her so I will let him shoulder that responsibility.

Then, I got home from work yesterday and found the water heater was leaking. Just what we needed. But as luck would have it, Denny had found a water heater at the dump last summer, set off to the side with salvagable appliances and such, and brought it home. It tested out okay so we hauled it upstairs this afternoon--the last heavy lifting I will be able to help him with for a while.

Right now, I don't know if I will be in the hospital one night or three. It depends on the type of surgery that has to be done and that depends on how hard the stuff is to get out. I can't control any of that but I am hoping for the best and preparing for the worst in typically Alaskan fashion.

I sure hope I see you again...

Positive thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts