Late Summer Blooms

One of the best garden purchases I made this past spring was two packets (at $1.49 each) of a seed mix called "Alaska Scatter Garden" from Denali Seeds. I used the seed mix in almost all my containers this year and it has put on a show for most of the summer.

I recognized the Bachelor Button and Nemophila but I was surprised by this glorious flower. After searching the seed catalog, I discovered these are the blooms of Godetia--a species I wasn't familiar with before this but now has my attention. They are just hitting their peak of blooming and are spectacular.



Of course, I always have my violas. Most of this year's blooms are from seeds I have saved from past seasons.



There is something about violas that appeals to me. I love the way the light comes through their petals as they face the sun.

Comments

MmeBenaut said…
Very pretty, even from the underside.

Popular Posts