On The Road to Anchorage



Just after eight this morning, hurtling down the Sterling Highway toward the Mystery Hills. Stopping for photos was out of the question, so I snapped as we went, lending a watercolor-like quality to the image....



We crossed the Kenai River at Cooper Landing. Looking upstream, Kenai Lake catches the subdued light of a cloudy autumn morning. The lingering, lonely patches of last winter's snow wait on the hill tops for reinforcements.



Although we were in the shadows of the mountains for a while after daybreak, the forest was bright and full of light from the changing colors of the leaves.



Morning light on the peaks of Turnagain Pass.

Comments

Jumpa said…
I just got back from anchorage taking some moose shots. I got some great photos and did a turnigan arm run. Great reflection shots along the road. Nice photos on your blog and enjoyed the tour. thanks... zorro in Juneau
Laura said…
Thank you, zorro. I checked your blogs and love your photos--so your kind comments on my poor, snapped-while-driving pictures is flattering. Of course, with a subject like Alaska, half the work is done for me. I would urge my other readers to go over to zorro's blog and view his magnificent wildlife pictures,

Popular Posts