Saturday

Clear skies and 21 degrees this morning. There was frost on the deck and the rest of the yard has broken snow cover that will probably become scattered patches by this evening.



Max and I meet on the deck to perform our morning greeting-of-the-sun together. I stand and face the rising sun, feeling the energy and warmth. Where sunlight touches the frost, it quickly melts away.



I could close my eyes and imagine it to be an October morning, but there is an unmistakeable undercurrent of vital energy that pulses through creation. The resident birds--ravens and finches--have begun to fill the air with their calls after the long silence of winter. It feels like Spring.

Comments

Alaena said…
I understand perfectly what you mean about the energy of an Alaskan spring morning. There's just a yummy sunny taste on the air, even when it's still a bit nippy!

Popular Posts