The winds were kicking up by the time I got home last night. Unusual for that time of night. Once I got inside, I discovered a message on the answering machine from Denny's sister. Their party had arrived in Anchorage. Great--they would have to arrive when the visibility was so crappy. You always want someone's first impression of Alaska to be when the weather is at its best. Instead, a frontal system has moved in and it looks like it will be cool and rainy for several days.

I miss Sunny every time I go into the kitchen. It was so sudden. A few days ago she was chipper and bright and now she is gone. I suppose I should be glad it was so quick for her, not lingering through a long decline like so many of the others. It just happened so fast I didn't have time to prepare myself mentally, I guess.

Comments

Popular Posts