20 degrees,
Breezy and overcast
Three inches of snow on the ground

I didn't have to look very far for Tommy when I got home last night--he was sitting on the floor in front of the door in what we call the "gear-up" position (upright with paws tucked under the body), looking much like himself. The food dish I had left up on the toolboxes was overturned, so I suspect that he fell rather than climbed down from there. At any rate, I won't put him up there again. When he is able to negotiate the cat tree, he will be able to go up there on his own.

For now, he seems happy with the two beds I have made for him on the floor. He was up and eating when I checked this morning, and purred when I rubbed his face and chin. He is almost his old self again, but I need to know what's going on with him to send him so close to death and back again. I'll try to get him in to see the vet tomorrow. I suspect an infection of some sort but have such a variety of antibiotics on hand that I want to know which specific one to use.

The skies threaten snow, which is okay with me. The six inches we had three weeks ago has turned into a shallow covering with dry grasses sticking through. Fresh snow would make it more Christmas-y. It sure feels a lot warmer outside--downright pleasant.

Comments

Popular Posts