Friday Evening

Looks like they got even more snow down in town. At least the airport staff is referring to it as "ten inches of loose snow" in the unplowed areas.

I got almost all the Halloween stuff put away (except the outside lights and the pumpkin wreath) and brought a box of decorations downstairs to start working on but I ended up spending a great deal of time just medicating the cats. The workload should get lighter in a few days--Frieda and Tiny fall back to a maintenance dose on their prednisone after tomorrow and BeBe and Punkin are only on the Clavamox for two weeks--or until it runs out. I actually got Punkin's morning dose down her with a minimum of fighting by just walking up to her while she was sleeping and tipping her mouth open. It was inside before she could bring her claws up. Yes--it's terribly rude to do it that way but she fights tooth and nail--literally--and she needs to learn that taking the occasional medication isn't the end of the world.

I did praise her lavishly for being such a good kitty.

I gave Dinky a good quantity of fluids today because I missed yesterday and then I brought in and warmed up the bag I keep in the shop and gave Tiny some. (I want to keep one bag dedicated to Dinky upstairs.) She is feeling better from her meds and enjoyed sitting on my lap while I let the fluids run into her. It makes the effort worthwhile when you can see an improvement. Then, since the fluid was warmed, I went out in the shop and gave some to Demi and Frieda. Demi sat so patiently that I got carried away (200-250 ml) a bit but a good flush will help with her impaired kidney function and she only gets them once or twice a week.

My little checklist is filled up today so I printed up some new forms for the rest of this month and into December. Then, since I had the printer turned on, I made up some labels of the boxes of Halloween stuff and some new photo address labels. Except I didn't do a good job of proof-reading the first batch, so I got the ZIP code wrong. I can use the excuse that the lighting out there is really poor. Anyway, I'll make a pen-and-ink correction and use them for paying bills.

Then I hooked up the DSL modem right before I had to leave to go to work. It seems to be working okay. Denny didn't get to it before he had to leave and it's a shame to be paying for the service and not using it. If he needs to reconfigure things when he gets home, it shouldn't be a problem.

Then I went out and brushed snow off of the Suburban. I decided to drive the it today because I don't know if we are going to get more snow this evening and I want to take things slow with the "winter" Crown Victoria. Although I wished I had driven it when I nearly slid into a minivan at the store. I forgot that the Suburban doesn't have good studs... So I have to ask myself on days like this--do I need studded tires or four-wheel-drive?

Popular Posts