15 degrees, overcast
16 inches of snow on the ground

I always knew this time is coming and that every one of these cats is going to break my heart eventually. Dinky has been such a joy to know, it's hard to think of life without her--she takes up considerably more space in our hearts and home than one would expect. I'm glad I can voice my sorrow here without fear of misunderstanding. After all, she is still with us and I shouldn't be whining about the inevitable future--I need to focus on the moment and enjoy the love we share today.

She's not feeling good and she doesn't seem to be eating much, if at all. I gave her vitamins and a small amount of baby food this morning. I know her mouth is sore and hope the antibiotic will heal that enough that she will feel like eating. There's not much else we can do but keep her as comfortable as we can. I know she enjoys being home with us--which is why she's not going to spend another night at the clinic.

Comments

Popular Posts