December

24 degrees, overcast, light snow
7 inches of snow on the ground, 6 new.

After a cold and dry November, December came in with fresh snow...

Denny got home a little after ten last night, in the midst of a snow squall. After I had assured him that we hadn't gotten any significant snow since he left last week, it promptly began to snow about eight-thirty last night. By the time I pulled into the driveway (about ten) we had accumulated about two inches. Denny arrived about twenty minutes later after a long drive through occasional white-out conditions on the road from Anchorage. At least the problematic headlights on the Dodge stayed on for him or it would have been a much more harrowing trip.

Now he is home for a long weekend before having to head out again early next week.

So, I took the plunge and signed up today for Holidailies--actually, since the quota was filled, I signed up to do the at-home version. I was mildly disappointed not to be able to participate in the portal but that's what I get for procrastinating. Besides, this will be good practice for next year. And let's face it, as boring as my day-to-day life is, I could probably do without a larger readership.

I look forward to being introduced to some interesting new bloggers, at any rate.

Comments

Popular Posts