Christmas Eve

No Christmas tree this year--we just don't have the room. We made do with a couple of small, table-top trees around the downstairs.



During the colder months, our nights are punctuated with frequent trips to the adjacent shop building, where Max, our only outdoor cat, makes his domain. Hours before dawn, I am greeted with a feline smile when I make my morning wood stove check.



Returning from the shop, I pass the laundry room, where Gilbert the Houseguest enjoys the snuggle bed.



(He is such a nice cat, I wish I could keep him, but I know his family will be glad when he can rejoin them.)

All is calm and bright in our little home. Hope the same for you.

Comments

Mama Bear said…
Pure happiness on the face of each cat..what a perfect Xmas gift!
Kea said…
So lovely to find this blog, albeit unfortunately through the message re: Raider's passing.

Wonderful scenery, just glorious. I live in southeastern Ontario, Canada, and the only real views I've ever had of Alaska were during a week-long cruise from Vancouver, BC. Enjoyable, but not conducive to really seeing much of the state at all. I'll content myself with your photos!

All the best to you and your family in 2011 -- I hope it brings an abundance of laughter, good health, joy and love!

-Kim (Musings on a Small Life and Fuzzy Tales)
Laura said…
Welcome, new readers! I hope you will find something worthwhile whenever you come to visit.
Anya said…
We had house guests over the holiday as well - check it out on my blog when you have time. My sympathies re, Raider. Always a sad time.

Popular Posts