Frozen

Hard frost under clear skies last night. The deck was covered with thick frost this morning, and when I ran out to jump in the car, I realized that I don't have an ice scraper in the Crown Victoria.

Now, you would think that ice scrapers would be one thing Alaskans are well-equipped with. I *know* we must have a dozen or so. But could I find one this morning? No.

Maybe it is the dichotomy of our climate. Winters are long but by the end of May, ice scrapers are lying on the floor boards or are kicked under the seats--completely superfluous until just such a morning as this. By June, frost removal is the last thing on my mind.

I started the car then ran around the yard, opening various vehicles and searching the dashes, floors and behind the seats for any sort of ice removal implement.

I know where there *is* an ice scrapper--maybe two. In the Chevy S10. The one Denny drove to Anchorage.

At least the ground was frozen hard enough so I didn't get my feet muddy during my search. When I started my second round of the closest vehicles, I found a scraper under a pile of Denny's found treasures in the Dodge pickup.

I stopped on the way home from work and bought three ice scrapers.

Comments

Popular Posts