Happy New Year Chocolates


Okay. Our little warehouse store carries a variety of goods from overseas in celebration of the global economy. I buy pickled peppers from Eastern Europe, marmalade from England and candy from Japan. So I was intrigued by this package of chocolates from Belarus.

The box was fairly light--only nine ounces--and I wasn't sure exactly what it was that I was buying. There was a label on the back that said "Happy New Year Chocolates"--perhaps Christmas was discouraged under the former regime and is just now making tentative steps back into their culture. That sure looked like some version of Santa Claus / Father Christmas on the back of the sleigh.

Then I read the maker's mark.

That sold me.



I just had to have a box of chocolates from "Crapmak" under the tree.

I'll let you know how they are.

*~*~*~*~*

So I am a bit disgusted at myself regarding Holidailies. I was so proud of having made a post for every day of December--even if I was really busy--even if I had nothing to say--even if it was only a photo. I did it!

So I logged onto the Holidailies website today and discovered to my horror that the posting period ran from December 1 to January 1.

That's right. I should have made a post on New Year's Day.

I can't even claim to have been busy or wasted from partying. We had a pleasant but quiet evening at home and I was off work on New Year's Day. I could have very easily made a post. I just didn't register that January 1st was a date I needed to post on. I made the assumption that Holidailies ended with year's end.

Oh, crapmak!

Comments

Popular Posts