Anchorage Bound - Part Two

Some more photos from my trip to Anchorage:



Following a Winnebago through Turnagain Pass. Despite the bright sunshine, some small patches of snow could still be found at road level.



The fresh green of spring is beginning to climb up the hillsides in the mountains.




The highway drops from the pass to the seaside, and follows the shoreline of Turnagain Arm around to Anchorage. This picture was snapped when I was on the east side of the Arm, heading north.

I met up with my parents at their hotel. They were staying downtown, just across the street from the Captain Cook Hotel on Anchorage's Fifth Avenue.



I took this picture from my parent's room, looking up Fifth Avenue toward the east. Some dark clouds were bunched up against the mountains but otherwise it was a beautiful afternoon.

Comments

Beautiful scenery.. even the clouds over the mountains from the hotel room.

Hope the replacement went as planned, and your Mom is doing well.
MmeBenaut said…
I do hope your Mom will be ok Laura. Your photos of the scenery along the route to Anchorage are spectacular. I can relate to the feeling of missing home and the cats!

Popular Posts