Homeward Bound

I left Anchorage yesterday afternoon about 3:30 and was home just over four hours later. I had showers--sometimes heavy--most of the way but the road was good and traffic light so it was an enjoyable trip.



About forty-five minutes south of Anchorage, I pulled over to take this picture of the Twenty-Mile River Valley and the Chugach Mountains in the rain.

The weather was such that I didn't stop for any pictures on the way home and the photos I took in the nice weather heading up to Anchorage showed the mountains better, anyway.

I did snap this view--leaving the mountains to drop down to the plateau that makes up the western Kenai Peninsula--north of the Kenai-Soldotna area.



Reminiscent of that vista is the more modest but familiar view leaving Ninilchik, coming down the last big hill and heading for home--just thirty minutes away at this point.



I got home about seven-forty--and Denny was just putting the finishing touches on a lovely dinner. I guess he missed me as much as I missed him.

Comments

Popular Posts