Wednesday in Anchorage

I slept terribly in a hot, uncomfortable hotel bed. (It was the day bed, really--my folks had the real mattress which was probably comfortable enough.)

Clouds had moved in overnight and the morning on Fifth Avenue was grayer, though dry. I watched the tourists queue up across the street at the Captain Cook Hotel for the tour buses and listened to a pair of kittiwakes squabble over building a nest on the streetlamp right outside the window.



Mom's procedure--a pacemaker replacement--went remarkably smoothly and her doctors were very pleased with how well it went and how well she has responded to the pacemaker. She went in about ten-o-clock and was discharged about one that afternnon. She is in much better condition than when it was originally placed back in 2003. Here she is getting her blood pressure taken prior to being released.



This is the little hotel downtown that we stayed at. My folks like to eat at the restaurants of the Captain Cook Hotel (the larger, brown building on the left) without having to pay the room rates. The Voyager was very adequate for our needs.



As we left the hospital, I said my goodbyes to my parents and started back toward home, after stopping at the warehouse stores to buy as many staples as I could fit in the Crown Victoria. I left Anchorage aout three-thirty.

Comments

Popular Posts