Made It!

By the time I got to work this afternoon, I felt like lifting my hands over my head in victory.

****

I have been sleeping much better the past few nights by turning the TV off when I go to bed. I don't know how I got in the habit of leaving it on all night--possibly one of the off-shoots of 9/11--but the light and sound subtly disturbed my sleep, even when I wasn't aware of it. Being able to sleep three or four hours without waking is like a balm.

So I am waking feeling much more refreshed these days. I still start my mornings with an impossibly-long list of things I would like to get done before heading off to work, but today I actually got most of them accomplished.

Yay me....

The little black kitty showed up for breakfast. She still looks okay--no limping or swelling and felt good enough to rough-house with Lola, so I guess the Great Cat Fight looked worse than it was. She is relunctant to come too far inside the house, but come the cold weather, I think she'll be glad enough to have a warm, dry place to hang out. If she lasts that long--being an outdoor cat is such a gamble. I had her inside for about half an hour last night after I got home but I didn't want to keep her in so long that she was afraid of being trapped. Thwe days of nice weather remaining are limited, so I'll say a prayer for her continued safety and let her have her days in the sun.

After feeding her and putting Beebs out in his pen, I cleaned litterboxes and refilled the fountains, watered the greenhouse and the deck and threw some clothes in the dryer. My big project was to change out the hay in the cat runs. I would have gotten that all done if I hadn't had to look for a rake and shovel. We have so many places to store things. After checking the shed and all three containertrailers and circling the house twice, I grabbed the first rake I found, which was stored with Sue's things. That search put me enough behind schedule that I only got the cat condo and BeBe's pen done. I got half the hay out of the cat run but ran up against my self-imposed deadline so will have to finish it tonight after work.


I took Sunspot back to the Shelter on my way to work. I have very mixed feeling about it, but I talked with Sherry last night and she was very supportive and sympathetic. Damn it--I really like Toby-John and Sunspot but they don't fit in with our crew. Anyway--we gave it a try. I really hope that the right people come along and fall in love with them. I still think in the right home, they will be wonderful companions.

It just wasn't our home.

Anyway, I dinked around in the cat run longer than I planned and had to rush to get dressed and packed for work. I allotted a half hour to get out to the Shelter, what with weekend traffic and all, and I knew I would have to get Sunny situated in a cage and settled and fill out the paperwork. I figured that would take ten minutes. So by leaving home with under forty minutes to do all that, I was cutting it close.

I made it to work with two minutes to spare.

Comments

Popular Posts