Welcome Ava Jolie!

So, when I finally trundled home last night after work, there was a message on the machine from Michael (MH from work). Their daughter, Ava Jolie, was born late yesterday afternoon.

*****

So, of course I have to work two hours overtime today to cover the shift change until someone from Kenai can get down here to work MH's evening shift. I don't really mind but only got four hours of sleep last night--seems the moon was full and the natives were restless. I had to wake up several times to keep Frannie from harassing Clarence or Tiny. Also, when I work the closing shift, it is hard for me to go right to sleep when I get home. I need some unwinding time. So I always know I am going to be a bit sleep-deprived if I have a short turn-around.

I was surprised to see the moon, low in the south about three this morning. It's been a while since I have seen it. By the time I got to work, it was setting in the west--a pale globe in the silver-blue pre-dawn sky.

****

Another thing that made sleep difficult last night was tooth pain. One of my crowns was aching so badly that I finally got up and took some Aleve. I will have to find time to get into the dentist between working overtime and helping with the Shelter relocation/building.

****

Here's a recent photo of Miss Molly, a tabby of indeterminate age who came out of the woods to live with us over eleven years ago. We occasionally ask her, "How the hell old are you, anyway?" but being a lady, she never tells.

Comments

Popular Posts