Christmas Eve

Denny and I aren't much on gifts at Christmas time. I don't know if it is because we feel having each other is gift enough or that we tend to buy each other things during the year as the spirit moves us. Usually I buy the cats a few things and call it good.

I went out yesterday and bought the cats a big pet bed--a pillow that would sleep a Golden Retriever in comfort, and tossed it on the floor in front of the woodstove. In less than fifteen minutes, three cats were sharing it. I also bought Toby a new litter box. Actually, it is a ten gallon Rubbermaid tote. Toby is large and long-bodied and had been having trouble confining his--ah--efforts to the inside of the litter box he previously used. This one is much more spacious and I hope will solve his problem.

I bought Denny and I some DVDs but we opened and watched them as soon as he got back from Florida last week.

Homer has gotten clobbered with snow over the past few days, so after I got home from shopping yesterday, Denny loaded the snow-blower in the Dodge and we went down to cousin Sue's place to clear out her drive and parking area. The amount of snow has been an inconvenience but the homes and lights of Homer sure look pretty and Christmas-y all swathed in white.

We ended up staying to watch a video and ordered in pizza and had a bit of a party, the three of us. It was fun.

I have to work tomorrow afternoon and evening, so today, after I got home from the Shelter, I cooked a turkey and two kinds of stuffing and a green bean casserole. That, along with a salad and pumpkin cheesecake, made our holiday feast. We fell asleep feeling well-satisfied.

Popular Posts