Update

34 degrees
14 inches of wet snow on the ground
Very windy with rain


What a long night.

I waffled last night over jumping a flight to Anchorage. If the worst happened, Dad would need me. Joanne had called to assure me that if I needed to go north for any reason (so much is left unsaid) they would take care of the cats. I wandered around the house, filling water dishes and topping off dry cat food, trying to decide what to do.

Not to decide is to decide, however, and the late news sealed my immobility, with blizzard conditions forecast to be moving into southcentral Alaska by morning. Not a day to be jumping any flights anywhere.

I went to bed and slept fitfully with much tossing and turning. The sound of the wind outside confirmed the deteriorating weather. I pitched between sleep and wakefulness, waiting for the phone to ring...dreading that it might. Was she in Anchorage yet? Were they going to go right into surgery or wait until morning?

***

About nine or so, the phone finally rang. It was Dad. They had decided to a heart catheterization on Mom before resorting to surgery, and located two blocked arteries which they restored with stints. The major blockage that they found in September is too large to be remedied with a stint but they are trying medication in the hope it may help dissolve or lessen the blockage.

Bottom line--no surgery. Dad said the doctors were very pleased with the results they got from the procedure this morning and that Mom was looking good.

So...it would seem another crisis has been averted.

All this sure isn't doing *my* heart any good. I spent last night wondering if I was still going to have a Mommy come daylight.

Popular Posts