Winter

It has been snowing and blowing since yesterday.

Just about the time that the last daylight had faded and I turned on the airport beacon, Denny called to tell me that Dad and Mom were in Anchorage--they had to medievac Mom to Providence Hospital again. I don't have much information right now and am walking in circles in the Flight Service Station, looking out at the snow-darkened night and wondering what I should do.

Denny is *supposed* to fly to Cold Bay tomorrow--he is hours away from leaving home to drive up the road to Anchorage. This close to the holidays, flying into or out of any of the smaller towns is problematic so if he went and needed to come back home in a hurry, it wouldn't be possible. He is asking if he should stay until we have some idea what the situation with Mom is--or go. and I don't know the answer. I want to be in Anchorage to see my parents, to know what is going on--but I don't want to fly or drive in this weather.

Everything is up in the air tonight.


***

We stood in the kitchen talking over the possibilities after I got home from work, and decided that Denny will take a few days of leave and stay home until we know just how serious the situation with Mom is.

I knew it was the right decision from the feeling of relief I felt once it was made.

Popular Posts