Heart

Zero degrees
9 inches of snow on the ground


So, when I called KBBI yesterday afternoon to find out where the pet-loss support group was meeting, I discovered I had heard wrong--the group meets on Thursday evenings. Which explains why I have never attended though I certainly have enough grief credentials... I work every Thursday evening.

So I guess I just have to work through this on my own. It would be easier if Denny were home. I would have someone to talk to about it, someone who feels her loss like I do.

He will be home in a week-and-a-half.

I had a list of things to do after work on Monday, and surprisingly, I got them all done before coming home, bribing the cats with food and falling into bed. I made myself get up by six-thirty and did chores, loaded the dishwasher, brought in wood for the fire, cleaned litterboxes, etc.

I got up today with every ambition of getting a lot done around the house. Just like every Tuesday. I was sitting at the computer, checking my email, when the phone rang. It was Dad.

Mom was in the hospital in Fairbanks. She had gone to see her doctor this morning and he sent her right to the ER. She had apparently had a mild heart attack over the weekend--her pacemaker saved her--and blocked arteries in her heart were causing quite a bit of stress on the muscle. They were going to try to stabilize her in Fairbanks and see if they could reduce the stress. If not, they would medievac her to Anchorage with the possibility of her having bypass surgery.

Dad sounded rather breathless but composed and he asked me to notify family and friends of the situation, so I sent out emails and left phone messages and kept telling myself that she is in a lot better shape now than she was in September.

It is my own sense of security that is fragile.

* * * *

Dad called a little while ago to say that they are medievacing Mom to Anchorage. Considering that he was at home grabbing a few things before rushing off to the flight, he sounded pretty good. A few minutes after I got off the phone with him, Richard called to tell me the same thing. He said they were praying for Mom.

Popular Posts