Beltane

The sky is staying light all through the night--not the twilight of high-summer but the sky glowed all night long with a pale light that was not entirely due to the full moon.

I woke up about three. Cool air had filled the house, and the folks a couple lots over were having a party of some kind--I could hear their voices through the open window. I closed it--more to keep the chill air out because they weren't really loud enough to disturb.

Only Bunny and Dinky were on the bed, so I wandered downstairs to see where all the other cats were. Frannie was on the sofa and Lena and Clarence were on the cat bed. Punkin has taken to sleeping on the chair in the back room from time to time. All was well.

When I stepped outside to come to work this morning, I could hear a robin earnestly singing from the treetops, welcoming the dawn. The Wheel has turned incrementally toward summer.

Winter is over.

Comments

Popular Posts