I noticed that Johnny didn't stir last night when I was feeding the cats; Johnny, who is always interesting in what's for dinner. Instead, he stayed curled in his sleeping spot. Just a few days ago, I was relishing how fit and healthy he was--his eyes bright and his coat shiny. To see him lethargic and quiet is unsettling so close to Lucy's passing.

So this morning found us at the vet clinic. I sat there, stroking him gently and waiting. I know we will be losing him--sooner more likely than later--and I know it will hurt like hell. But I had to send up a silent prayer that his time isn't nigh just yet.

Dots remarked that it was almost a year ago to the day that I had him in for a similar complaint. Curious.

We came home with antibiotics and fluids. I tempted him with morsels today and he ate a little. He was also wandering around the shop a bit today, so already the medication is having some effect.

Comments

Popular Posts