December Begins

So, December begins...

And with it, Holidailies!

My on-line journaling has been lackadaisical at best this past year and I would welcome a spur to the writing process. I was kicking myself for not having it together in time to participate in NaBloPoMo when the thought came that there was always Holidailies.

Yeah--sure. Last year the portal filled up so quickly that I was left with Holidailies At Home. Which was a good spur but just not the same. And my interest in blogging last December fizzled out after Dinky (one of our favorite cats) succumbed to chronic renal failure right after Christmas.

But the circle of the year has turned again and I am trying to look forward now, not back.

Anyway, I noticed it was the first of December and figured maybe if I was lucky I could still register for Holidailies At Home this year, so I surfed over to the Holidailies homepage to discover that the registry for the portal was still open. So, I had run out of excuses.

The writing prompt for today was to make an introduction. So, bear with me, those of you friends and family who already know me perhaps too well. I'll try not to lie too blatantly. The hardest part is trying not to sound like one of those sugary holiday newsletters. So here goes....

My name is Laura and I live in Alaska. I have a great husband and more cats than a sane person would want to deal with but strangely, I can't imagine life any other way. I work at the airport in our little town, talking to airplanes. And by "talking to airplanes" I mean talking to pilots via radio--not walking up and down the ramp saying "Hi" to the various Cessnas and Champs. There was a point in my life when hanging out at the airport and talking to pilots seemed like the coolest job in the world but the polish wore thin on that particular fantasy some time back. Still, I enjoy my work, which is varied and oddly rewarding and pays pretty damned well considering I am an English lit major with no marketable talents.

There's more stuff about me in my profile. But the title of this blog sums me up pretty well. I enjoy my quiet life in our rural home with our many fine cats and life is good.

Now if it would only snow...

Comments

Popular Posts