Quiet Day



Alaskan winter is a battle of air masses. When warm, maritime air moves in from the southwest, we can get snow and wind--or even rain. When the air flows down from the north and east, skies clear and--stripped of our insulating blanket of clouds--temperatures plummet.

Right now, the cold arctic air mass is dominating. Temperatures today hovered around ten degrees at our house. Downtown, the daily peak temp may have been around twenty. All I know is that I regretted wearing street shoes and my cloth coat when we went into town to run errands. What was I thinking.`

*~*~*~*~*~*



Inspired by a pair of earrings I bought a year ago at Halloween, I bought some green and red beads at the local craft shop and made several sets of Christmas earrings last year. This is the pair I find myself wearing most often. The red bead is actually heart-shaped, though it doesn't show well from this angel.

Comments

Popular Posts