Finish Line

The last day of Holidailies for 2008.

I feel like I gave a half-hearted effort this year. I hadn't anticipated that somehow after retirement I would have *less* time to spend on-line, not more. Now that I am at home all the time, every day life intrudes more readily and I haven't developed the discipline to make blogging a larger aspect of my life.

I guess I'll come to terms with that as I continue with Blog 365.

My regrets/disappointments are two-fold.

First, I feel I have let down the people kind enough to stop by and read my ramblings. Many of my entries this past month have been cursory. I have given very little of myself away, revealed none of my inner life. Details of daily life are brushed over, without insight or interpretation. Thank you for your patience but I've given you a poor effort.

But my larger regret is that I haven't visited many of the other participants. What I enjoyed so much last year--finding new blogs of interest--I denied myself this time around. The experience was poorer because of that.

At least the portal and links will remain active, so I can go back and browse. Don't be shocked if I drop a badly-out-dated comment or two.

And if you are a new reader, I hope you may check back on me from time to time. I'll be continuing on.

Comments

MmeBenaut said…
I'll pop back from time to time to see beautiful Alaska that is so different from where I live.

Sometimes it's hard to write from the inner mind; it is almost too personal. I'm guilty of that too - I rarely tell the whole story - for one thing, it would take too long and sadly, I don't have the time either for some of the same reasons! Cats and husband and keeping up the property and house, of course. No rest for the wicked is there Laura?
Frank said…
It's always nice to see old friends from last year as well. Yours was one of the blogs I picked up from last year's Holidailes and I've been dropping by from time to time ever since. One of these days I mean to join you in retirement. Until then I'll continue to drop by for a glimpse into your life in Alaska.

Popular Posts