Restless Redoubt

Those in a position to know are predicting an eruption of Mount Redoubt, a 10-thousand-foot volcano on the western side of Cook Inlet. I snapped this picture of the mountain yesterday from the top of the Bluff Point rise on the Sterling highway--about a mile or so from our home. Although I take more pictures of our other two near-by volcanoes--Augustine and Iliamna--I am fond of Redoubt, and this familiar view I get on my way home.

The last major eruption back in 1989-90 dusted our area with a nice layer of volcanic ash.


It is well worth it to click on the photo and enlarge it.

Redoubt Activity


Mount Redoubt Rumbles: eruption possible


Alaska Volcano Observatory

Comments

Anonymous said…
Read about Mt Redoubt in the news today. Hope everything is going to be ok.

Popular Posts