January Games

I have been getting back to computer gaming--trying to run some adventure-type games I bought several years ago and hadn't gotten around to playing yet. Considering that I owe several dear friends emails or letters, I should be ashamed to be spending time playing games but I feel drained and tapped-out by the holidays--I don't have much to offer in way of correspondence. Gaming has been a way for my to refresh and recharge since I first stumbled on to Myst. This feels like a good time of year to retreat to the worlds of imagination.

I loaded Alida last week, after hitting a glitch in Forever Worlds that stopped my forward progress. (I am pretty sure that I can download a patch to recover my FM game but haven't bothered yet...) I enjoy the game-world of Alida--probably because it is so reminiscent of the Myst--but I have found the puzzles to be require more concentration than I feel like investing right now. I am about a third of the way through the game but decided to pause for a while--looking for something that is a bit less obtuse.

Right now, I am beginning both Rhem 3 and Aura. The first is quickly getting to be a bit dense for me but Aura seems like it may entertain without taxing me too much.

We shall see.

Comments

Popular Posts