Christmas Eve

We were up past midnight last night, as the holiday influx of friends and relatives began. Denny drove to Anchorage and back , helping to ferry people and cargo down to our end of the Kenai Peninsula. Midnight found us standing in the driveway, exchanging tidings of good cheer as people split up for their respective destinations. The wind from the west was bitter and carried the sound of a restless sea.

My cousin stayed the night with us, so we sat around the kitchen table, the three of us, unwinding from the stresses of the day, until we couldn't keep our eyes open any longer.



It didn't really feel like Christmas Eve today. I have the feeling Christmas will come and go before I get myself in the proper frame of mind. That is so often the case for me that I almost expect it. But then I will be in the grip of festive feelings clear through to the New Year.



I am starting to believe we may have turned a corner with Twitch. He seems to be feeling better since his last vet visit and a change to injectable medications. He has been acting preety much his old self since last night and I am allowing myself to hope he may be on the mend.



It is a quiet, cold night at my edge of the continent. I hope the dawn find each of you with light and warmth.

Happy Holidays.

Comments

Eve said…
I'm so happy that Twitch is doing better!

Popular Posts