Monday, Monday



I woke up to Punkin nestled on the pillow above my head--her traditional sleeping spot. It has been weeks since she has spent the night on the bed with us. It was a sweetness I had missed and gave my day a nice beginning.

The temperatures warmed up overnight. Denny went outside to plug in the truck this morning but didn't since it was almost thirty degrees.

We got up about eight-thirty and got the cats fed before heading into town for a busy day.

Twitch wasn't doing any better so we dropped him off at the veterinary clinic so the vet could check him out at her leisure. He hasn't responded to home nursing and I am getting concerned.

Then, Denny dropped me off at the dentist to get my temporary crown down-sized and re-seated. It has felt high and uncomfortable, so I was planning on going in to see the dentist today anyway, but then it came off entirely last night. The dental assistant fixed me up in less than half-an-hour.

Then we hit the Post Office to pick up the mail (hadn't checked it since Friday) then we headed over to Ocean Drive to meet a Homer Hospice worker and return the hospital bed that our neighbor had been using. Since she couldn't meet us until her lunch break, we read our mail while we waited.

(I really need to get my holiday cards out but just don't feel inspired this year, and worrying about Twitch is cramping my desire to write. But I just need to surrender my worries and know that what will be will be. I can't save Twitch by will alone. He has to overcome what is ailing him.)

After we returned the hospital bed, we went by the Homer Animal Shelter for lunch. Yeah--not your normal lunch stop but the animal Control officer, Sherry, had called last night to invite us to stop by for a lunch that one of the local eateries was donating to the staff and volunteers at the Shelter. The sandwiches and salad were tasty and we were glad to have a chance to catch-up with Sherry and her husband, two of our good friends.

It began snowing as we left the Shelter. We headed up East Hill Road to see my aunt and uncle. We needed to drop off some things we had borrowed and borrow some more. We visited with them until just about sundown, then went by the vet clinic to pick up Twitch before heading home.

Unfortunately, the vets didn't have much to offer on what is ailing Mr. Twitch. The x-ray showed nothing wrong but his throat and airway seemed inf lammed, so he was given a steroid shot and some antibiotics and scheduled for a re-check tomorrow.

It is so depressing when one of our cats is sick and we can't help them.

lights from the driveway

With Twitch and his carrier settled on my lap, I was happy to see the lights of home as we pulled in the driveway. Here's hoping tomorrow has better news for us.



Comments

Frank said…
I hope Twitch is feeling better.

Popular Posts