Happy...

As I snuggled in bed this morning, I felt myself basking in a quiet contentment. The world at large is sailing dark waters and the days are short, the nights are cold and the arctic wind nibbles at the windows. But I am happy

..because Punkin is nestled on my pillow, her paws touching my head--the way we have slept for years. She is approaching the end of her life, so these shared moments of intimacy mean even more to me.

...because Denny is retired now and gets share the snug bed-nest with me and three or four cats.

...because Twitch is back to his mildly cranky old self. He is past the worst of the flu and is recovering and restoring himself now. He seems much more confortable. And Black Jack, the only other cat to get sick, is doing much better than Twitch did.

..because now that we are retired, our lives are our own.

Eleven AM

..because sunrise and sunset occur at a time of day when we all can enjoy them.

Comments

Sarah said…
I'm of an age to retire, but my beloved dog Jasmine just died, so there's not much reason to stay home just now. Liked your description of the morning and the next entry too of the day in general. Very evocative.

Popular Posts